Project Scheduling Subject to Non-Renewable Perishable Resources
Najafi Farashah, Mohammad Hadi | 2014
- Type of Document: M.Sc. Thesis
- Language: Farsi
- Document No: 45561 (01)
- University: Sharif University of Technology
- Department: Industrial Engineering
- Advisor(s): Shadrokh, Shahram
- In this research a mathematical formulation is presented for project scheduling problem subject to non-renewable perishable resources where the objective is minimize the cost of ordering and maintenance of resources. We use the framework of a resource constrained project scheduling problem (RCPSP) with finish-start precedence relations between activities and resources will be perished after a determined duration and must be procured. Resource procurement have ordering and purchasing costs and excess resources must be stored and have maintenance cost. There is a unique way to perform the activities and preemption is not allowed.
This work employs Genetics Algorithms to solve the problem and schedule project activities and resources procurement scheduling. Chromosome is designed in indirect form and number of Genes is significantly smaller than decision variables of model. We initiated an effective algorithm for generate first population and benefit from multi way selection in crossover and mutation. We perform several experimental analyses on the algorithm to check its effectiveness and convergence and consistency and performance for solving different instances of the problem.
- Genetic Algorithm ; Ordering Cost Reduction ; Resource Constrained Project Scheduling ; Nonrenewable Perishable Resources ; Procurement Scheduling