- Type of Document: M.Sc. Thesis
- Language: Farsi
- Document No: 45160 (08)
- University: Sharif University of Technology
- Department: Mechanical Engineering
- Advisor(s): Nouri Borujerdi, Ali
- This thesis is about modeling of liquid-vapor two phase flows through nozzle. Liquid-vapor two phase flow is very applicable in industries such as boilers, expansion valves, refrigeration and sudden failures in pipelines. Two models are used for modeling of fluid flow through nozzle, transient and steady state. In Both model the solution field is considered as saturated liquid and vapor and the mass, momentum and energy equations as well as equation of state is used for describing of fluid flow properties. Homogeneous equilibrium model is used and for complete modeling of fluid flow heat transfer and friction force is also considered.
Numerical solutions are used for solving of the governing equations, this include discretization of equations in finite difference method in transient model and finite volume method in steady state model. Solution filed is partitioned with non-uniform staggered grids. In transient model pressure is first calculated from energy equation and then other fluid flow properties will be calculated, but in steady state model SIMPLE algorithm is used for solving the equations.
At the end results of numerical solutions of both models are compared with existing experimental results and a good agreement is achieved
- Numerical Modeling ; Two Phase Flow ; Finite Difference Method ; Simple Algorithm ; Finite Volume Method ; Steady State Model ; Transient Model