A polynomial algorithm for partitioning problems

Tahaee, S. A ; Sharif University of Technology | 2010

696 Viewed
  1. Type of Document: Article
  2. DOI: 10.1145/1721695.1721700
  3. Publisher: 2010
  4. Abstract:
  5. This article takes a theoretical approach to focus on the algorithmic properties of hardware/software partitioning. It proposes a method with polynomial complexity to find the global optimum of an NP-hard model partitioning problem for 75% of occurrences under some practical conditions. The global optimum is approached with a lower bound distance for the remaining 25%. Furthermore, this approach ensures finding the 2-approximate of the global optimum partition in 97% of instances where technical assumptions exist. The strategy is based on intelligently changing the parameters of the polynomial model of the partitioning problem to force it to produce (or approach) the exact solution to the NP-hard model
  6. Keywords:
  7. Hardware/software codesign ; Maximum flow minimum cut problem ; NP-hard problems ; Partitioning problem ; Hardware/software co-design ; Maximum flows ; Minimum cut ; NP-HARD problem ; Computational complexity ; Polynomials ; Three term control systems ; Communication channels (information theory)
  8. Source: Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems ; Volume 9, Issue 4 , 2010 ; 15399087 (ISSN)
  9. URL: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1721695.1721700