A GIS based emission inventory development for Tehran

Shahbazi, H ; Sharif University of Technology | 2016

541 Viewed
  1. Type of Document: Article
  2. DOI: 10.1016/j.uclim.2016.08.005
  3. Publisher: Elsevier , 2016
  4. Abstract:
  5. Tehran with a population of 8.2 million urban residents, suffers from rapid urbanization in recent years resulting in severe air pollution. The aim of this study is to develop a high resolution emission inventory of primary air pollutants for Tehran. Tehran pollution sources are classified into two major categories. Mobile sources, including vehicles such as passenger car, taxi, motorcycle, pickup, minibus, bus and truck, and stationary sources; consisting of industries, general service and household, energy conversion, terminals and gas stations. The emission of SOx, NOx, CO, VOCs and PM in the year of 2013 were estimated as 37.411 kt, 85.524 kt, 506.690 kt, 83.640 kt and 8.496 kt, respectively. The results also indicate that mobile sources produced nearly 85% of the total aggregated pollutants while the stationary sources pollutants accounted for the remaining 15%. In a more elaborated view, 6.22% of SOx, 46.1% of NOx, 97.5% of CO, 86% of VOCs and 69.8% of PM were emitted from mobile sources while stationary sources produced the remaining amount of pollutants
  6. Keywords:
  7. Air pollution ; Emission inventory ; Emission trend ; Spatial disaggregation ; Tehran
  8. Source: Urban Climate ; Volume 17 , 2016 , Pages 216-229 ; 22120955 (ISSN)
  9. URL: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212095516300384